In the last year at Loka, our remote team of Back-End Developers helped bring free Lyfts to patients in transportation deserts, deliver the world’s first smart implantable for cancer care, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 6 projects in LokaLabs™ (our own incubator), accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, move 1 scrappy startup to unicorn status, and still enjoyed every other Friday off (yes, we really take the day off).
We are using modern technologies to support an incredible variety of meaningful projects, while proving work/life balance isn’t a catchphrase, it’s our culture. Join our team, feed your need to grow and mentor, and ship projects you believe in with a team you’re proud to be a part of.
- Responsible for the technical design of solutions for our clients
- Maintaining relationship with key stakeholders, to ensure that solutions meet both business and technical requirements of the client
- Assign tasks, have constant follow-ups, guide and mentor the team members, using SCRUM methodology
- Participate in sprint planning and make sure it goes according to plan
- Make estimations according to user stories
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of code quality, through code-ownership and peer reviews
- Continuously analyze and identify potentials for optimizations and improvements of the solutions developed for our clients
- More than 6 years’ experience in development work and at least 2 years of experience managing a team
- Experience in working with development in an agile team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Advanced Python level
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including software architecture, data structures & algorithms (Big O), and databases and understanding of concurrency
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and system design
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Advanced English
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- LokaLabs™ - Use moonshot technologies to solve overlooked societal challenges in our internal incubator.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays