What you develop matters. At least we think so.
Welcome to Loka, a remote-first Silicon Valley Tech consulting company. We’re focused on AI, ML, and healthcare solutions – the kind that support interesting and meaningful advances for humanity.
Our vision is simple: Every innovation ships. We make this happen by working with elite performers like you. We help you grow in ways that fascinate you, so you can launch projects you believe in. We’re fortunate enough to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 100s worldwide including Marriott, Gatorade, Dyson and Coca-Cola.
If you’re into growing with purpose and working with talented people in a healthy culture, apply now – we might be looking for you to join our team in LatAm, Europe or Eastern Europe!
- Design and implement functional requirements
- Develop Front-End components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Manage testing and debugging
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Write technical documentation
- Plan and coordinate overall front-end development activities
- Propose ideas and lead initiatives to solve client’s needs
- Build a relationship of trust with the client, keeping them informed on updates, blockers, etc.
- Help the client proactively solving problems, and giving suggestions of areas of improvement within the Front-End team
- Participate in technical design meetings with other developers and assist in defining the front end web architecture, code reviews, and unit testing
- 5+ years of experience in Front-End Development
- Professional experience in ReactJS. We will also consider candidates with strong Angular skills, looking to make the switch to ReactJS
- Familiarity with building REST APIs
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with application state management (Flux, Redux, Vuex, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Advanced in English
Loka is a rocksolid 16-year strong company that works with Series-A funded startups and Fortune 100 superstars. We’re proud of our elite teams across the globe who have the opportunity to grow, explore and innovate within their roles and beyond. Loka is currently fascinated with the healthcare and life sciences industry, and how we can use AI and ML to help our collaborators improve people’s lives.
- 100% remote-first: We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive
- Grow with us: 100% of Loka talent are eligible for skills development and certifications
- People who promote and enjoy a work-life balance and workplace diversity
- A healthy culture committed to equality with 50/50 women and men leadership
- The opportunity to pursue what fascinates you for 90 days with something we affectionately call Loka Labs
- Highly talented work teams with mentorship and constant skill improvement
- An environment that promotes transparency, communication, creativity and being proactive
- Ideas valued over hierarchy, allowing you to explore, grow and implement creative solutions