UX UI/Product Designer (Remote)
Loka is a remote-first Silicon Valley software consultancy that supports startups → Fortune 500s.
Since we’ll be working together to bring innovations to the World, I felt you should know what will make this a great fit – and why this is some of the most rewarding design work you can do.
Loka is the elite Machine Learning, DevOps, and Design team working behind the scenes to root out hate speech on Twitter, bring free Lyfts to patients in transportation deserts, and eliminate $1 billion in food waste every year. Put another way, we launch projects for rebels who have the impatience to help humanity.
Our vision is simple: Every innovation ships. We make this happen by working with elite performers like you. We help you grow in ways that fascinate you, so you can launch projects you believe in.
We’re fortunate enough to work with mission-driven startups (check out Afresh.com and Sentropy.com) and household brands worldwide including Marriott, Gatorade, Dyson and Coca-Cola.
We have a lot to offer. All I ask in return is the best you can give. So if you’re into feeding your curiosity and growing alongside high-performing ‘lokals’ in a healthy culture, we should really meet.
We want the right person to join our Worldwide team just as soon as you can.
About the role:
- We’re looking for a talented Product Designer filled with ambition to learn and grow into different Industries, working with modern design tools in an environment that feeds his/her autonomy and creativity (remote-first and globally distributed team)
- You will be partnering with the Product Owners, Engineers, Data Scientists, and other colleagues, working in a cross-functional and distributed team. Together, you will be actively involved in defining the customers’ and the business’ problems.
- From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
- Passionate for user experience and pixel-perfect creations, you will work in a Tech environment with a positive Startup culture, part of a client-oriented and multidisciplinary US-based company
- Continually seek feedback from Design, Product, Technology and strive to deeply understand our customers to deliver the best possible experience.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to project managers, developers, or clients
- Degree in Design or related experience
- Strong Visual skills & Portfolio
- Figma knowledge or experience required, Sketch as a plus
- Standards and best practices for IOS, Android, and Web
- Familiarity with Prototyping tools (InVision, Balsamiq, others)
- Team & Task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Capacity to develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs or best practices
- Understand product specifications and User Psychology
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Discipline to work remotely and drive initiatives forward without being in a physical office (or our co-working space at Palácio Sottomayor, Lisbon)
- Humbleness, positivity, and an eagerness to work and learn in a fast-paced team
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in English (mandatory)
Loka is a rock-solid 17-year strong company that works with Series-A funded startups and Fortune 100 superstars.
We’re proud of our elite teams across the globe who have the opportunity to grow, explore and innovate within their roles and beyond.
Loka is currently fascinated with the healthcare and life sciences industry, and how we can use AI and ML to help our collaborators improve people’s lives!
- 100% remote-first: We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive
- Grow with us: 100% of Loka talent are eligible for skills development and certifications
- People who promote and enjoy a work-life balance and workplace diversity
- A healthy culture committed to equality with 50/50 women and men leadership
- The opportunity to pursue what fascinates you for 90 days with something we affectionately call Loka Labs
- Highly talented work teams with mentorship and constant skill improvement
- An environment that promotes transparency, communication, creativity, and being proactive
- Ideas valued over hierarchy, allowing you to explore, grow and implement creative solutions
Send your cv to email@example.com specifying the role you are applying to!