What you develop matters. At least we think so.
Welcome to Loka, a remote-first Silicon Valley Tech consulting company. We’re focused on AI and Machine Learning solutions – the kind that support interesting and meaningful advances for humanity.
Our vision is simple: Every innovation ships. We make this happen by working with elite performers like you. We help you grow in ways that fascinate you, so you can launch projects you believe in. We’re fortunate enough to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 100s worldwide including Marriott, Gatorade, Dyson and Coca-Cola.
If you’re into growing with purpose and working with talented people in a healthy culture, apply now – we might be looking for you to join our team in LATAM! This person can be based in any country in Latin America.
- Write production grade Python and SQL ETL code in order to reliably and scalably transform messy customer data into internal format
- Collaborate with Machine Learning, Data Science, Design, Software Engineering and Business teams to triage data or ETL issues that are causing anomalies
- Analyze and find issues in the data and work to prioritize and find solutions
- Build out tests and health checks to ensure quality level of code and data
- Monitor, analyze and understand the data flowing through our system by adding the necessary visualizations and dashboards
- Build out, scale up, and deploy our compute platform (running on Azure cloud infrastructure using Kubernetes) and data platform (powered by a combination of traditional databases, data warehouses, and data lakes) that power our recommendation engine and ordering system
- Implement reusable libraries and abstractions
- Provide updates, inform blockers and offer guidance to clients
- [MUST HAVE] Advanced level of Python and SQL
- [MUST HAVE] Advanced Conversational English Skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to work through ambiguity and incomplete specifications
- Dedication to code quality, testing, design processes, automation, and operational excellence
- Experience wading through, analyzing, and working through large amounts of data; retail and supply-chain data preferred
- Good communication skills. You should feel comfortable having in-depth technical discussions.
- (Bonus) Spark and Pandas experience
Loka is a rocksolid 16-year strong company that works with Series-A funded startups and Fortune 100 superstars. We’re proud of our elite teams across the globe who have the opportunity to grow, explore and innovate within their roles and beyond. Loka is currently fascinated with the healthcare and life sciences industry, and how we can use AI and ML to help our collaborators improve people’s lives.
- 100% remote-first: We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive
- Grow with us: 100% of Loka talent are eligible for skills development and certifications
- People who promote and enjoy a work-life balance and workplace diversity
- A healthy culture committed to equality with 50/50 women and men leadership
- The opportunity to pursue what fascinates you for 90 days with something we affectionately call Loka Labs
- Highly talented work teams with mentorship and constant skill improvement
- An environment that promotes transparency, communication, creativity and being proactive
- Ideas valued over hierarchy, allowing you to explore, grow and implement creative solutions