What you develop matters. At least we think so.
Welcome to Loka, a remote-first Silicon Valley Tech consulting company. We’re focused on AI and Machine Learning solutions – the kind that support interesting and meaningful advances for humanity.
Our vision is simple: Every innovation ships. We make this happen by working with elite performers like you. We help you grow in ways that fascinate you, so you can launch projects you believe in. We’re fortunate enough to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 100s worldwide including Marriott, Gatorade, Dyson and Coca-Cola.
If you’re into growing with purpose and working with talented people in a healthy culture, apply now – we might be looking for you to join our team in Eastern Europe!
- Manage and mentor a team of Machine Learning Engineers
- Understand business objectives and develop models that help achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Collect data, verify data quality, and/or ensure it via data cleaning
- Explore and visualize data to gain an understanding of it, then identify differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Analyze the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and rank them
- Analyze the errors of the model and design strategies to overcome them
- Develop and adapt best practices to design and build complex machine learning systems
- Build, maintain and upgrade ML pipelines
- Deploy models to production
- 4+ years of machine learning engineering experience
- Experience mentoring or managing a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience with Python, machine learning libraries and AI/ML frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe, MXNet, Spark etc.)
- Experience visualizing and manipulating big dataset
- Ability to develop and adapt standard machine learning methods
- Good understanding of statistical, machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Knowledge in cloud computing platforms for ML (AWS, GSP, etc.)
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Ambition to learn and grow into different industries with a modern tech stack
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- Proficient in English
Loka is a rocksolid 16-year strong company that works with Series-A funded startups and Fortune 100 superstars. We’re proud of our elite teams across the globe who have the opportunity to grow, explore and innovate within their roles and beyond. Loka is currently fascinated with the healthcare and life sciences industry, and how we can use AI and ML to help our collaborators improve people’s lives.
- 100% remote-first: We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive
- Grow with us: 100% of Loka talent are eligible for skills development and certifications
- People who promote and enjoy a work-life balance and workplace diversity
- A healthy culture committed to equality with 50/50 women and men leadership
- The opportunity to pursue what fascinates you for 90 days with something we affectionately call Loka Labs
- Highly talented work teams with mentorship and constant skill improvement
- An environment that promotes transparency, communication, creativity and being proactive
- Ideas valued over hierarchy, allowing you to explore, grow and implement creative solutions