Last year at Loka, our remote team of Back-End Developers helped route out hate speech on Twitter, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 4 projects in LokaLabs™ (our own incubator), accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, and still enjoyed every other Friday off.
We are using modern technologies to support an incredible variety of meaningful projects, while proving work/life balance isn’t a catchphrase, it’s our culture. Join our team, feed your need to grow and mentor, and ship projects you believe in with a team you’re proud to be a part of.
- Responsible for the technical design of solutions for our clients
- Maintaining relationship with key stakeholders, to ensure that solutions meet both business and technical requirements of the client
- Assign tasks, have constant follow-ups, guide and mentor the team members, using SCRUM methodology
- Participate in sprint planning and make sure it goes according to plan
- Make estimations according to user stories
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of code quality, through code-ownership and peer reviews
- Continuously analyze and identify potentials for optimizations and improvements of the solutions developed for our clients
- More than 6 years’ experience in development work and at least 2 years of experience managing a team
- Experience in working with development in an agile team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Advanced Python level
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including software architecture, data structures & algorithms (Big O), and databases and understanding of concurrency
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and system design
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Advanced English
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- LokaLabs™ - Use moonshot technologies to solve overlooked societal challenges in our internal incubator.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays