What you develop matters. At least we think so.
Welcome to Loka, a remote-first Silicon Valley Tech consulting company. We’re focused on AI, ML, and healthcare solutions – the kind that support interesting and meaningful advances for humanity.
Our vision is simple: Every innovation ships. We make this happen by working with elite performers like you. We help you grow in ways that fascinate you, so you can launch projects you believe in. We’re fortunate enough to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 100s worldwide including Marriott, Gatorade, Dyson and Coca-Cola.
If you’re into growing with purpose and working with talented people in a healthy culture, apply now – we might be looking for you to join our team in LatAm, Europe or Eastern Europe!
- Deploy, secure, and maintain robust applications in production environments
- Build core infrastructure in the cloud (mainly Amazon Web Services)
- Design application infrastructure using microservices architecture
- Orchestrate containers and maintain environment using Kubernetes
- Automate operations using scripts and automation tools
- Implement reliable CI/CD pipelines
- Comply with all security best practices and relevant compliance / regulatory requirements
- Adopt and promote DevOps philosophy in tech teams
- 3+ years of experience as a professional DevOps engineer including experience building with the following tools and technologies:
- Serverless compute
- Bash scripting and system administration
- Amazon Web Services (Certifications preferred)
- Security and compliance best practices on AWS
- Version control tools such as Git
- CI/CD pipelines built with native AWS tools or Jenkins, Ansible, or similar
- Deployment with CloudFormation and/or Terraform
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfort with nodeJS
- Experience with database administration is a plus (relational, non-relational, time series)
- Ambition to learn and grow into different industries with a modern tech stack
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field + experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience working directly with clients with a professional demeanour
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
Loka is a rocksolid 16-year strong company that works with Series-A funded startups and Fortune 100 superstars. We’re proud of our elite teams across the globe who have the opportunity to grow, explore and innovate within their roles and beyond. Loka is currently fascinated with the healthcare and life sciences industry, and how we can use AI and ML to help our collaborators improve people’s lives.
- 100% remote-first: We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive
- Grow with us: 100% of Loka talent are eligible for skills development and certifications
- People who promote and enjoy a work-life balance and workplace diversity
- A healthy culture committed to equality with 50/50 women and men leadership
- Highly talented work teams with mentorship and constant skill improvement
- An environment that promotes transparency, communication, creativity and being proactive
- Ideas valued over hierarchy, allowing you to explore, grow and implement creative solutions