Hi, I’m the Engineering Operations Manager at Loka and since we’ll be working together on challenging, innovative projects with a dynamic pace, I want you to know what will make this a great fit – and why this is some of the most rewarding work you can do.
Loka isn’t for everyone. It’s for people who a.) genuinely love technology and want to improve as a professional or b.) want to work on a variety of startups and make a marked improvement in the world. Hopefully, you’re both, but you must be at least one.
We’re based in Silicon Valley, but we’ve been remote since day one. Last year my team of engineers and designers helped route out hate speech on Twitter, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 4 projects in our own incubator, accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, and still enjoyed every other Friday off. We are fortunate to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 500s, including Gatorade, Dyson, Blue Cross Blue Shield Institute, and Coca-Cola.
We have a lot to offer. All I ask in return is the best you can give. Join our team, grow in surprising ways, and launch projects you believe in with creative people around the world.
- Undertake office-related activities
- Ensuring the smooth running of the office, while maintaining a high standard
- managing office operations and processes
- managing Inventory and various supply sections
- office and employee space supplies and consumables
- employee/office equipment supplies
- organizing any office-related day-to-day maintenance and operations
- Assist the Operations manager with:
- staff, office and finance-related administrative duties (as instructed by the Operations Manager)
- ongoing tasks and projects
- planning of company and team events and initiatives
- planning of travel arrangements
- Company Operations
- Support the Senior Engineering Operations Manager with various projects (including but not limited to: marketing, sales and company operations)
- 1+ years of experience in ops/admin tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree
- High attention to detail and task management skills
- Talent to self-organize and good memory - information and action is most often needed immediately in this role
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Tech savviness
- Research and analytical skills
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life-changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays
- Mental Health Benefits - Premium subscriptions to support the mental health of every Lokal.