Hi, I’m the Mobile Lead at Loka and since we’ll be working together on challenging and innovative projects, I want you to know what will make this a great fit – and why this is some of the most rewarding engineering work you can do.
Loka isn’t for everyone. It’s for people who a.) genuinely love technology and want to improve as a professional or b.) want to work on a variety of startups and make a marked improvement in the world. Hopefully you’re both, but you must be at least one.
We’re based in Silicon Valley, but we’ve been remote since day one. Last year my team of engineers and designers helped route out hate speech on Twitter, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 4 projects in our own incubator, accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, and still enjoyed every other Friday off. We are fortunate to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 500s, including Gatorade, Dyson, Blue Cross Blue Shield Institute, and Coca-Cola.
We have a lot to offer. All I ask in return is the best you can give. Join our team, grow in surprising ways, and launch projects you believe in with creative people around the world.
- Design and build a mobile application for an innovative health tech company
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Design and implement functional requirements
- Manage testing and debugging
- Write technical documentation
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Must have 2+ years of experience building production-quality applications in React Native
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Good sense of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- (Bonus) Experience in Swift or Flutter
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- LokaLabs™ - Use moonshot technologies to solve overlooked societal challenges in our internal incubator.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays
- Mental Health Benefits - Premium subscriptions to support the mental health of every Lokal.