In the last year at Loka, our remote team of DevOps Engineers helped bring free Lyfts to patients in transportation deserts, deliver the world’s first smart implantable for cancer care, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 6 projects in LokaLabs™ (our own incubator), accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, move 1 scrappy startup to unicorn status, and still enjoyed every other Friday off (yes, we really take the day off).
We are using modern technologies to support an incredible variety of meaningful projects, while proving work/life balance isn’t a catchphrase, it’s our culture. Join our team, feed your need to grow and mentor, and ship projects you believe in with a team you’re proud to be a part of.
- Deploy, secure, and maintain robust applications in production environments
- Build core infrastructure in the cloud (mainly Amazon Web Services)
- Design application infrastructure using microservices architecture
- Orchestrate containers and maintain environment using Kubernetes
- Automate operations using scripts and automation tools
- Implement reliable CI/CD pipelines
- Comply with all security best practices and relevant compliance / regulatory requirements
- Adopt and promote DevOps philosophy in tech teams
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team and more than 4 years of experience as a professional DevOps engineer including experience building with the following tools and technologies:
- Serverless compute
- Python and bash scripting and automation
- Amazon Web Services (Certifications preferred)
- Security and compliance best practices on AWS
- Version control tools such as Git
- CI/CD pipelines built with native AWS tools, Azure DevOps or Github Actions
- Deployment with AWS CDK and/or Terraform/CDKTF
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfort with nodeJS and Typescript
- Experience with database administration is a plus (relational, non-relational, time series)
- Ambition to learn and grow into different industries with a modern tech stack
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field + experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience working directly with clients with a professional demeanour
- Autonomy, adaptability and positivity (fully remote and globally distributed team)
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- LokaLabs™ - Use moonshot technologies to solve overlooked societal challenges in our internal incubator.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays
- Mental Health Benefits - Premium subscriptions to support the mental health of every Lokal.