Hi, I’m the Head of Front-End at Loka and since we’ll be working together on challenging and innovative projects, I want you to know what will make this a great fit – and why this is some of the most rewarding Front End development work you can do.
Loka isn’t for everyone. It’s for people who
a.) genuinely love technology and want to improve as a professional or
b.) want to work on a variety of startups and make a marked improvement in the world.
Hopefully, you’re both, but you must be at least one.
We’re based in Silicon Valley, but we’ve been remote since day one. Last year my team of engineers and designers helped route out hate speech on Twitter, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 4 projects in our own incubator, accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, and still enjoyed every other Friday off. We are fortunate to work with mission-driven startups and Fortune 500s, including Gatorade, Dyson, Blue Cross Blue Shield Institute, and Coca-Cola.
We have a lot to offer. All I ask in return is the best you can give. Join our team, grow in surprising ways, and launch projects you believe in with creative people around the world.
- Design and implement functional requirements
- Develop Front-End components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Manage testing and debugging
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Write technical documentation
- Plan and coordinate overall front-end development activities
- Propose ideas and lead initiatives to solve client’s needs
- Build a relationship of trust with the client, keeping them informed on updates, blockers, etc.
- Help the client proactively solving problems, and giving suggestions of areas of improvement within the Front-End team
- Participate in technical design meetings with other developers and assist in defining the front end web architecture, code reviews, and unit testing
- 5+ years of experience in Front-End Development
- Professional experience in ReactJS. We will also consider candidates with strong Angular skills, looking to make the switch to ReactJS
- Familiarity with building REST APIs
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with application state management (Flux, Redux, Vuex, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Team management and task management skills (we’re “we” people, not “me” people)
- Advanced in English
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life-changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- LokaLabs™ - Use moonshot technologies to solve overlooked societal challenges in our internal incubator.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays
- 360 Health Benefits - Premium subscriptions the mental and physical health of every Lokal
Sounds too junior for you? We also have a lead opening. Check it out here.