In the last year at Loka, our remote team of engineers helped bring free Lyfts to patients in transportation deserts, deliver the world’s first smart implantable for cancer care, eliminate $1 billion in food waste, launch 6 projects in LokaLabs™ (our own incubator), accelerate 3 startups to acquisition, move 1 scrappy startup to unicorn status, and still enjoyed every other Friday off (yes, we really take the day off).
We are using modern technologies to support an incredible variety of meaningful projects, while proving work/life balance isn’t a catchphrase, it’s our culture. Join our team, feed your need to grow and mentor, and ship projects you believe in with a team you’re proud to be a part of.
- Assist the Head of Compliance/Compliance Project Manager with developing company policies and procedures compliant with FDA, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI and other applicable regulatory requirements in cooperation with other team members and clients.
- Attend client meetings to assist in documenting compliance and regulatory requirements
- Assist the Head of Compliance/Compliance Project Manager in documenting controls (ex.Control matrix, lead sheets) and actively participate in preparing tasks/assignments for applicable teams (ex. DevOps team, System Administration team, Operations team, Engineering team) to ensure compliance with company policies
- Assist in performing periodic audit testing of the established controls/requirements in the Control Matrix and other company policies and procedures
- Assist in gathering evidence and reviewing results of the audit testing by actively communicating with relevant technical and operations teams
- Assist in documenting exceptions, if any, from the audit testing and participate in assigning, monitoring and documenting remediation steps
- Provide detailed compliance project status reports to the Head of Compliance/Compliance Project Manager
- Proactively communicate to Head of Compliance/Compliance Project Manager regarding any potential issues
- Support the Head of Compliance/Compliance Project Manager during the communication with auditors regularly before and during an audit period, if applicable
- Actively research, attend relevant training and courses to be able to assist the Head of Compliance/Compliance Project Manager to understand and implement new compliance and regulatory requirements by updating company policies and procedures
- 1+ years of Compliance Operations experience with FDA, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI and other applicable audits
- Agile methodologies experience is a plus
- Experience with implementing controls in AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, GitHub and other platforms is a plus
- IAM management (permissions, roles, groups), audit logs management, infrastructure security controls settings
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Jira or Trello is a plus
- Proficient in English
- Every Other Friday Off - 24 extra days off a year. Our team calls it a life changing benefit. We think you’ll agree.
- 100% Remote-First - We want you to have the flexibility to work where you feel most comfortable and productive.
- Explore Program - Spend 3 months living in Portugal, Colombia, or Macedonia – all paid for by Loka.
- Relo Program - Permanently relocate you, your family, and your pet to one of our European headquarters.
- LokaLabs™ - Use moonshot technologies to solve overlooked societal challenges in our internal incubator.
- Yearly Upskill Allowance - Feed your burning curiosity and never feel intellectually trapped again.
- Winter Houses - Invite your friends or family to get away for the holidays, paid for by Loka.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days & Local Holidays